Ho, ho … oh boy! The holidays are officially upon us. It’s a wonderful time of year filled with so much to do and precious little time to do it all. If you’re like me, you’re looking for ways to enjoy the holidays without feeling completely overwhelmed. Here are some suggestions to help you take the “daze” out of the holidays:
- Say “no” to something.
- Say “yes” to offers of help.
- Make a budget and stick to it.
- Talk to your family and friends and agree on what’s most important.
- Make a list of everything you need to accomplish. Check it twice. Take two things off the list and save them for another time.
- Take a look at your calendar and block off at least one day and/or one evening each week through the holiday season that belongs to just you.
- Stick to your workout routine.
- Buy don’t bake. Really. Which reminds me:
- Buy don’t make.*
- Keep old traditions alive while being open to starting new traditions.
- Plan and schedule your shopping trips to save time and money and reduce frustration. Bonus points if you schedule your shopping trips around sales at your favorite stores.
- Take care of yourself. Eat well, get the right amount of sleep each night, and drink plenty of water.
- Shop with a friend. It’s more fun and you can help each other.
- Be flexible about timing, schedules, and food.
- Include yourself on your shopping list. You deserve a treat.
* Martha Stewart, if you’re reading: I love your work. I’m a big fan. Please understand …